Why we fund this service?
Here at the Noah’s Ark Charity we believe passionately that the play specialist team offer an invaluable service to children and their families at the hospital and we are proud to support and part-fund the work they do.
Read how the team have supported Noah’s Ark patients Eva, Fliss and Rose here.
What is hospital play?
The hospital play specialist team use a variety of therapeutic tools to help children overcome any fears or concerns about their treatments.
The team works closely with the rest of the multi-disciplinary team to help patients and their families cope with the following:
• To prepare children for hospital procedures
• To help children cope with anxieties and feelings
• To organise play and art activities at children’s bedsides or in the playroom
• To contribute to clinical assessments based on observations during play routines
• To encourage peer group friendships to develop
• To help organise special events and parties for both patients and visitors