Work with us
We’re currently looking for a driven and experienced professional to join our small but highly motivated team.
Event Fundraising and Communications Officer
Noah’s Ark Charity, Noah’s Ark Children’s Hospital for Wales, Cardiff
One year fixed term contract with a view to creating a permanent position.
Full time (37.5 hours a week) with some flexible working required
Up to £22,129 (dependent on experience)
|Closing Date:||Monday 29 January|
Supporting the communications manager and head of events with development and delivery in the following areas:
- Planning, marketing, developing and evaluating a portfolio of fundraising events.
- Producing marketing materials to support fundraising events and activities.
- Reviewing, updating and creating new content for our website.
- Supporting the head of events to achieve annual events fundraising targets and reaching post holder’s own target regarding specific products or events. (Targets will be subject to weekly, monthly and quarterly reviews and/or reports).
- Raising awareness of the charity’s impact through story generation and gaining coverage in local and regional media
- Promote fundraising events on promotional stalls.
- Generating creative and engaging content across our social media platforms (experience of video production is desirable).
- Identifying and building relationships with new potential donors/supporters.
- Duplicating Noah’s Ark Charity fundraising events on a smaller scale in other geographical locations.
- Ensuring the provision of excellent supporter care to ensure long term commitment.
- Sourcing and writing patient stories.
- Creating and maintaining databases.
- Develop briefs with the communications manager and head of events for each event with core messaging for volunteers.
- Collating, analysing and presenting social media and website statistics and trends to help inform future strategy and planning.
- Undertaking market research/analysis to support evaluation activities.
- Work with agencies to design and distribute adverts, marketing literature and materials.
- Identifying new opportunities to promote the organisation to new and existing audiences.
- Liaising with a variety of internal and external stakeholders in order to meet the requirements of the post eg patients, family members, clinical staff, local media, fundraisers, designers, trustees.
- Ensuring that marketing and communication activities work in line with brand guidelines.
- Support fundraising events with set up and take down which may require some evening and weekend working.
- Monitoring press coverage and maintaining administrative systems.
- Contributing to monthly report writing (including financial reporting).
Please click here for personal specifications.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering email explaining why you feel you are suited to the role to Bethan@noahsarkcharity.org by Monday 29 January.
Interviews will take place w/c Monday 5 February.