Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Full UK Driving Licence (Required) – due to the event and fundraising element of the role, driving is required.
- High level of numeracy and literacy.
- High level of computer competence, specifically relating to Microsoft Office packages and database/CRM systems.
- The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post; Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.
- At least two years’ experience of working in a communications and events/fundraising role and a clear ability to demonstrate a good understanding of each function’s core principles.
- Experience of working in the third sector is desirable.
- Knowledge and experience of developing and delivering marketing campaigns and project plans.
- Knowledge and experience of developing and delivering all phases of a fundraising event to maximise income.
- A proven track record in recruiting supporters and enhancing event participation.
- Experience of cultivating, motivating and managing volunteers.
- Adept at creating excellent written and verbal communication for a range of audiences across various platforms.
- A developed news sense and experience of working with the media.
- Proven track record in securing funding/meeting targets.
- Experience of working as part of a team.
- Knowledge of website development.
- Experience of database management.
- Experience of using and developing different social media solutions to drive engagement and event sign up.
- Experience of sourcing and compiling case studies and dealing with sensitive issues with tact, discretion and integrity.
- Technical skills and experience of using content management systems.
- Experience of managing relationships with a range of stakeholders.
Skills and personal qualities
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and relationship development abilities.
- Commitment to maintaining a high standard of work alongside an ability to meet tight deadlines and juggle a range of projects.
- Evaluation and bench marking skills to inform planning and activity.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Good IT skills
- Ability to work flexibly and proactively and maintain a “can-do” attitude.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively as part of a small team.
- An ability to speak Welsh is desirable though not essential.
- A willingness to model and promote and represent the organisation’s values and personality.
- A keen interest in keeping abreast of developments across the third sector and, where relevant, using that knowledge to suggest new and innovative ways of working within your own role.
Full-time, one year fixed term contract.
Closing date 8th October 2018
To apply for this position please send your CV through to Communication Manager Bethan Simmonds on Bethan@noahsarkcharity.org