Christmas Grotto Event Supervisor
Job title: Christmas Grotto 2019 Event Supervisor
Location: Ikea Cardiff
Contract: Fixed term 30 November – 23 December
Job type: Part time
Salary: £7.83 per hour
The Noah’s Ark Charity raises money to fund life-saving equipment, facilities and services for families at the Noah’s Ark Children’s Hospital for Wales. Each year, the charity has a grotto at IKEA in Cardiff which raises in the region of £20,000, all funds which go directly in to supporting the 73,000 treated at the children’s hospital each year.
We are looking for a professional, friendly and motivated person to manage the grotto from its opening on the 30th of November until its closing on the 23rd December. As the grotto is open every day during this period, the role can be split in to two part time roles. The grotto is staffed mainly by charity volunteers and can receive up to 130 visitors a day during busy periods. As such, experience of working with the public is essential and experience of working with volunteers is highly desirable.
Roles and responsibilities
- Responsible for the smooth and professional management of the Noah’s Ark Charity Grotto , ensuring that it is opened on time and closed securely. Provide daily briefings to volunteer Santa’s and helpers, assigning and overseeing roles, responding to queries and managing break times where applicable
- Report back as requested to Noah’s Ark Charity head of events
- Adhere to IKEA rules of decorum whilst in their store
- Maintain the visual and internal standards of the Grotto
- Deal with any issues that may arise discreetly, escalating to the charity’s head of events where necessary
- Monitor stock levels (Santa’s presents)
- Monitor daily footfall and ensure that visitor questionnaires are completed
- Complete daily paperwork
- Complete daily cash sheet and return takings safely and securely to the Noah’s Ark Charity office
- Have a diplomatic approach to visitors of all ages, managing any queries or issues as they arise
- Have knowledge of the charity to answer any visitors’ question.
- Customer service experience
- Cash handling skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good time keeping
- A friendly and approachable demeanour
- Good housekeeping.
- Experience of working with volunteers
- Knowledge of the charity or experience of working within the charity sector
- Own transport
- Welsh speaking .
Training will be given prior to the opening of the Grotto. Uniform will be a Noah’s Ark t-shirt which will be provided or if you prefer a Christmas outfit if you have one.
If you have any further questions or are interested in applying please submit your CV to Linda Davies at Linda@noahsarkcharity.org by midnight on Sunday 8 September. Interviews will take place on Wednesday 11 September.